Pro-Trump versus Anti-Trump Violence in the Wake of the Election
And worse, they have claimed that newly empowered Trump supporters have gone on a rampage, attacking members of all their favored victim groups. “Reports of Racist Attacks Surge After Trump Win” one headline screamed.
It’s difficult to know how often this has happened, since:
- People who keep track of such things usually have a liberal bias,
- It’s sometimes hard to know whether a real assault was provoked by politics, or something else — there are two examples below.
- Many of these incidents have been faked by people with a liberal agenda, knowing that sympathetic media will eat up their account
First, there have been many faked incidents, committed by anti-Trump people and blamed on pro-Trump people.
Second, there have been many violent attacks by leftists on pro-Trump people.
First, bogus claims of attacks by pro-Trump people:
- Black woman at gas station in Delaware. More on this here.
- Muslim woman lied about being harassed on subway.
- Supposed homophobic attack at North State Park University.
- Northwestern students and swastika.
- Attack on gay man outside bar in Santa Monica. The attack really occurred, but was apparently the result of an argument in a bar that escalated on both sides. It is not clear that the Trump supporters the man argued with are the men who attacked him.
- Muslim woman at the University of Louisiana Lafayette claimed to have been attacked.
- Fifteen hoaxes (supposed pro-Trump hate crimes) that have been exposed.
- High school girl attacked for supporting Trump.
- Black men attack white guy on public street. Note: this incident started with a routine auto accident, but the attackers seemed to believe that the victim voting for Trump justified the beating.
- 15 year-old Trump supporter beaten during Rockville, Maryland protest.
- President of College Republicans at Cornell assaulted.
- A compilation of attacks on Trump supporters from Lifezette.
- Another compilation from the Daily Wire.
- Still more cases from The American Thinker.
- Yet more cases from Breitbart.
- Still more from the Daily Caller.
- Video compilation of anti-Trump people attacking Trump supporters.
Media outlets, of course, report news that fits their favored narrative. This applies to the New York Times and CNN, but it also applies to the conservative outlets we have linked to above. So as noted, there is no hard data on the actual number of pro-Trump assaults as opposed to anti-Trump assaults.
But the reader might ask himself or herself: which side has been most emotional? Which side has staged enraged protests that devolved into riots. Indeed, which side has gone on YouTube expressing extreme emotion about the outcome of the election? The answer to those questions is clear.