Those Offensive Anti-Obama Signs
Ever since the Tea Party phenomenon exploded onto the political scene a few months back, the Left has been up in arms over the inflammatory and offensive rhetoric featured on some of the signs and placards displayed by those in attendance. Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann, and Rachel Maddow, among others, have fumed repeatedly about the bad taste exhibited by many of those expressing their displeasure with the President and his policies.OK, that’s pretty rough stuff, and not at all civil. Of course, since there have been literally hundreds of thousands of protesters at tea party protests, carrying tens of thousands of signs, we have to expect a few to be pretty nasty.
The Huffington Post ran a feature on this subject, titled “10 Most Offensive Tea Party Signs,” which singled out, among others, the following winners — or perhaps “losers” is a more apt term:
- “Obama’s Plan: White Slavery”
- “The American taxpayers are the Jews for Obama’s ovens”
- “Our tax $ given to Hamas to Kill Christians, Jews, & Americans”
- “Obama: What you talking about Willis? Spend my money?”
- “Obama loves taxes, bankrupt USA, loves baby killing”
- “Barack Hussein Obama: The new face of Hitler”
- “Barack Obama supports abortion, sodomy, socialism, and the New World Order”
- “Obama was not bowing [to the Saudi king]. He was sucking Saudi jewels.”
But we have a collection of things said about the President that tops that.
But how in the world did the Huffington Post miss the second set of really nasty signs, and single out the first set?
- One sign exhorted Americans to “kill” the President and “bomb his f—in White House.”
- Another said, “I’m here to kill” the President.
- Another urged the powers-that-be to “hang” the President.
- Another said the President “is the disease, death is the cure.”
- Another said the President is “the only dope worth shooting.”
- Another showed a likeness of the President’s face with a bullet hole in the forehead, oozing red blood.
- Another called explicitly for the “death” of the “pig” in the White House.
- Another displayed a caricature of the President’s disembodied, bleeding head.
- Others featured the President’s face accompanied by such captions as: “Wanted: dead or alive,” and “Death to the dictator.”
- Another showed the President’s neck being fitted with a noose.
- Still another showed the image of a noose accompanied by a caption urging us to “support” the President (i.e., with the noose).
Simple, the second set of signs are from protests directed against George Bush.
Apparently, demanding the murder of George Bush isn’t any big deal to the people who are crying crocodile tears over the lack of civility shown toward Barack Obama by some of the tea party protesters.
The signs on the second list, calling for the death of George Bush, can be seen here.