Marquette Warrior: Being Blunt About Being a Bigot

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Being Blunt About Being a Bigot

From (of course) The Huffington Post:
I don’t like white women.

Whenever I say that, white women look at me like I just decapitated Taylor Swift. If I’m being honest, their reaction is part of the reason I say it. But rest assured, it’s not the only reason.

I don’t like white women because I’m not particularly fond of the construct of whiteness or what it represents. I also don’t appreciate those who are complicit in my oppression and benefit from it. When I say I don’t like white women, it’s not in reference to any specific white woman (aside from maybe Taylor Swift). It’s a declaration that white women pose a very real threat to my existence, and I don’t have to embrace that threat with open arms. You have to earn my fondness. This goes for several other groups, obviously, but for some reason white women seem the most baffled by it. Whenever I meet a white woman who’s not baffled by it, we instantly become friends. Those are the white women I like.
We first were about to label this tirade “politically correct,” but it turns out it’s not.

It turns out the author rejects “intersectionality,” a term that means, roughly, you’ve got to make common cause with all the other politically correct victim groups.

That, of course, includes “women,” but not the women of the real world. In that real world, a majority of white women voted for Donald Trump in 2016. It only means feminists.

But even in the Trump-hating “Women’s March” this writer feels alienated.

There is a bit of wisdom here. The writer understands that the white feminists who claim to speak for all women don’t. But the wisdom is buried under a huge racial grudge.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger BuckeyeCat said...

Poor thing. The burden of having to navigate the threats and oppression white women dutifully devote their power-hording lives to inflict on this downtrodden marginalized waif. At least she's constructively investing her time and talents to repeat tired slogans about constructions of whiteness. When one thinks of the achievements of Einstein, Bach, St. Thomas Aquinas, Aristotle, Jane Austin, Dante, Seneca, Dostoyevsky, Camus, Sartre, Edith Stein, and so many others--to think that these might have distracted the world's attention from this woman's petty remarks about white women and the construct of whiteness.... Oh, the humanity! Hopefully she is reflecting on her own construct of the construct of whiteness. She appears to excel in her own project in elaborating boredom as social construct.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home