Things Declared “Racist” in 2017
We will simply list them, and you can click through (if you wish) to see the details.
- Hoop earrings
- Casting a black woman as a Star Trek lead
- Quoting Beyoncé lyrics
- Dr. Seuss
- Having sex with immigrants
- Making fun of Southerners
- Justin Trudeau
- Steve Martin’s King Tut sketch
- Shooting Nazis in video games
- Get Out!
- This Dove ad
- A German anti-litter campaign
- Wearing latex gloves
- The word “clan”
- Taco Bell not serving fries
And then, of course, you get the farcical situations above.
But since convincing the yahoos to restrain themselves and use the word only for genuine racism is a hopeless task, perhaps it is good that it be devalued and recognized for the useless slur that it has become.