Little Mosque on the Prairie
In reality, it’s a real website for a comedy show.
“Little Mosque on the Prairie” will soon premier in Canada on the CBC.
The show claims not to have any heavy-duty political agenda, tossing jibes at Muslims and Christians alike.
Some bits of what are apparently going to be typical dialogue:
- The Reverend: “Christianity didn’t survive 2000 years by being charitable.”
- The Shock Jock: “If we don’t stop them soon, we’ll all be speaking Muslim.”
- The Extremist: “Desperate Housewives?! Why should they be desperate when they’re only performing their natural womanly duties?”
- The Local: “You can’t drink? I’d pray five times a day too.”
- The Imam: “Muslims around the world are known for their sense of humour.”
Our guess is that a liberal political agenda will creep in, not so much by intention but rather merely as a reflection of the worldview of the people producing the show.