Marquette Warrior: <EM>New York Times</em> Reporter Questions Blogger About Wal-Mart Posts

Monday, March 06, 2006

New York Times Reporter Questions Blogger About Wal-Mart Posts

More evidence that a story, which will apparently be out in tomorrow’s New York Times, will be a hit piece attacking both Wal-Mart and bloggers can be found in this post on Iowa Voice:
Marquette Warrior has been finding links all over the place, and I think I can see the handwriting on the wall, here. I was uncomfortable with Barbaro’s line of questioning, not because I had something to hide (I didn’t), but because he kept asking the same question, over and over and over again....really reaching for me to give him the answer he wanted to hear.

I, of course, didn’t bite. I told him the truth. We’ll have to see what Mr. Barbaro writes (I hear it could be coming out tomorrow) before I get any further into it, but I will say this: if he writes that we were paid or pressured into writing this stuff, he’s simply wrong. It’s no secret that he doesn’t like Wal-Mart, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a hit piece coming out of the Times tomorrow morning. Plus, the NYTs dislikes bloggers, so he’ll also score points with his comrades.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home