Marquette Warrior: Just As Well My Daughter Didn’t Go to Marquette

Monday, May 07, 2007

Just As Well My Daughter Didn’t Go to Marquette

In our e-mailbox today, a note in response to a post yesterday about the indoctrination one of our students received in a Marquette Philosophy class:
Dear Dr. McA,

Recently, my daughter applied to both Marquette and U of Dallas for admission. Both admitted her; the only question remaining was financial aid.

It was obvious that Marquette did not have as much interest as did Dallas--so my daughter will be a ‘temporary Texan’ for the next few years. The difference, by the way, was substantial, not incremental.

Your post about the Feminista Philosophrette made some of my regrets about that financial-aid disparity go away.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home